Junglewar re-make

Speak your mind!

Junglewar re-make

Postby Gensolo on Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:58 pm

Is any old ToS or new ToS member gonna try the remake of Jw? I am just to keep the memory of JW and HD2, and the ToS legend participation in it alive. Please people lets be active like we used to be. For updated info. on progress of it look at the below topic, for a forum where its bein remade.
Gensolo
Honorary Member

Re: Junglewar re-make

Postby Dagger on Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:27 pm

Its not a remake as far as I can tell, rather he's creating a similar game that wont be based on modern warfare. We'll see how it is, but we already have had several remakes sort of made, but that never went anywhere. The most promising one was done ages ago when JW first went down... it was in real time though, so it may have had issues, and the guy never finished it.

There's also one by Gecko Games (creators of Stellar Conflicts) who started work on one - they had the drag and drop movement system and attacking system done, so it's probably the most advanced. It looks like they haven't done anything for ages on it though.

Then there's this guy, and I haven't seen anything... so frankly I don't know. I'm not getting my hopes up just yet :roll:
Dagger
Clan Leader

Game of Choice: The West
Alternate 1: Dofus

Re: Junglewar re-make

Postby Hitachi on Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:18 am

Biggest problem with amateur re-makes is that, since it's privately run and without monetary incentives, although people start off really motivated - after awhile project gets bogged down by other things in life and stalls / stops.

We can always fund raise, and start a project of our own...
Hitachi
Honorary Member

Return to General Discussion