Post your desktop

Speak your mind!

Postby Sundance on Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:49 pm

Funny. I love how liberal's blame the Army for brainwashing their soldiers...it's probably the most ironic thing I've ever heard of. It's pretty sad.

Second time I've heard it today too. Ironic because Liberals, who apparently blame the Army for "brainwashing," basically brainwash and alienate people with false accusations and try to instill fear into people unnecessarily. We wouldn't have the luxuries and the lifestyles all of you Americans live if it weren't for the work of US Army and military personal. It's easy to badmouth the Army, but many of you don't realize how much people are sacrificing. It's depressing.

Btw, when I said "it controls" your life, I didn't mean it literally goes off and controls me and what I do. I meant it controls me in the sense that why have some automated program to change my God damn wallpaper when it's so easy to go to My Documents, select a wallpaper, and change it. It takes literally 3 sec, why would I need a whole application for that?

Anyways, my photobucket isn't working atm, so I'll upload my desktop later.
ImageImage
Sundance
Honorary Member

Postby Muffin Mark on Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:04 pm

It changes it at certain time sand seasons and such I think so that he has a different wallpaper for different times of days and such pretty nifty.

Also insert something about armys and such here.
Muffin Mark
Clan Member

Postby The-Desert-Foxx on Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:35 pm

Sundance wrote:Funny. I love how liberal's blame the Army for brainwashing their soldiers...it's probably the most ironic thing I've ever heard of. It's pretty sad.

Second time I've heard it today too. Ironic because Liberals, who apparently blame the Army for "brainwashing," basically brainwash and alienate people with false accusations and try to instill fear into people unnecessarily. We wouldn't have the luxuries and the lifestyles all of you Americans live if it weren't for the work of US Army and military personal. It's easy to badmouth the Army, but many of you don't realize how much people are sacrificing. It's depressing.

Btw, when I said "it controls" your life, I didn't mean it literally goes off and controls me and what I do. I meant it controls me in the sense that why have some automated program to change my God damn wallpaper when it's so easy to go to My Documents, select a wallpaper, and change it. It takes literally 3 sec, why would I need a whole application for that?

Anyways, my photobucket isn't working atm, so I'll upload my desktop later.

*points and laughs at Sundance for Writing all that over a bad joke*
The-Desert-Foxx
Clan Member

Game of Choice: Other

Postby Sundance on Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:05 am

Meh, sorry if it seemed like it was ranting. It was ranting. I'm not gonna deny it.

Sometimes people just get so fed up that they can't really hold it.
ImageImage
Sundance
Honorary Member

Postby navarone on Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:52 pm

my grandfather was a soldier, he was also a general. they lost the war they fought and that lead to me growing up in the states. he tried to put me in west point but i refused. i loved the military, but i decided i would only sacrifice for my country and not theirs.
they = suck, me = win.
nevertheless, when we idolize the military, is it because of the sacrifices of heros? well i also believe heros are by definition sacrifices. you toss one into the pit and post their picture up. i learnt that in a game. i think it was seiken densetsu 3 and even if it wasn't, that was an awesome game.
-feeling squirrely? bust a nut!-
navarone
Dofus Officer

Postby Sundance on Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:54 pm

Well, it's kinda wrong to 'generalize' heroes like that. Just because they sacrifice their lives does it automatically make them heroes? It's like the whole martyr theory. I think a hero is a hero depending on the person...I might have a different idea of a hero then you might, and so on. A hero should be sacrificing, putting himself in front of others, selfless.

My Sergeant once told me: the best solder in combat isn't the guy who's great at PT (Physical Training), it's the guy who knows what he's doing.

Meh...I think saying who's a hero and who's not is wrong in a way. We lose the true meaning...it becomes so overused and becomes so common...it's like death being a statistic. People start hearing about "9 US Soldiers killed in a helicopter crash" and we just think "oh well, 9 more...just another day."

When death starts becoming a statistic...thats when you know something is wrong...

Damn, what the hell...This is a post your desktop thread rofl. Here's my desktop:

ImageImage
Sundance
Honorary Member

Postby Freeborn on Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:13 pm

Wow Sundance, you're not as brainwashed as I thought you were!
(Yes that was a joke. Maybe not the very best, but still just a joke.)

I agree with you, and can see the link to the current situation for the US Army.
To make an example: firefight between US soldiers and Iraqi rebels. Casualties on both sides.
US Army and press calls the killed soldiers heroes.
Iraqi rebels calls the killed rebels martyrs.
Who's right? Both probably... It comes down to how you define the words.
Freeborn
Honorary Member

Game of Choice: Other
Alternate 1: The West

Postby Sundance on Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:19 pm

Roger

I'm gonna be honest:

I've been lately rethinking my career in the Army in the future. I'm thinking of dropping ROTC since they won't give me a scholarship, and I've been thinking if this is really what I want to do. I mean, I do want to do it...but I'm second thinking and thinking that it might not really be for me....

Oh well. There's other occupations. Such as exotic dancing.
ImageImage
Sundance
Honorary Member

Postby Muffin Mark on Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:44 pm

hey I will be the only one to exotic dance here!
Muffin Mark
Clan Member

Postby Sundance on Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:05 am

Muff

Will you think for one second please? We can obviously milk this out to great proportions. Think about it:

An asian guy and a British guy together on stage. We can make millions.
ImageImage
Sundance
Honorary Member

Postby Muffin Mark on Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:42 am

its so crazy it just might work!
Muffin Mark
Clan Member

Postby Sundance on Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:25 am

It will work. Have some faith.

Practice this Weds. night.
ImageImage
Sundance
Honorary Member

Postby Nuck Chorris on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:25 pm

I want to be a psychiatrist, this might work out well. You get paid to dance erotically, and then they fall into a state of depression and pay me money to fix it.
Nuck Chorris
Clan Member

Postby Sundance on Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:53 am

Wow, this is practically an untapped market. We'll be filthy rich.

Las Vegas...here we come :]
ImageImage
Sundance
Honorary Member

Postby Muffin Mark on Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:03 am

o yeah time to practice my cock thrust,
Muffin Mark
Clan Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion